Friday, March 30, 2012

Project 6 - ASDR

For this project I started by making a sound in Poizone which I utilized an automation clip on the attack to kind of "fade in" the sound. What I was really doing was decreasing the time it takes for the sound to reach its peak so eventually the sound it more poppy than it is sweepy. The sound I made captures a rather playful atmosphere and at the end of that line I use an automation clip to increase the sustain and decay of the synth which adds more body behind it and allows it to ring out. I then use this same sound to completely change the feel, partly due to gross beat which causes a pitch drop at the end of the little phrase. The drums come in and make the piece much more of a dance groove as the bass and my other synth comes in.I keep the same playful synth in the mix to keep a connection between the two parts. For the end I use more gross beat and mess around with the pitch as the last note plunges and then blasts out of the song.

1 comment:

  1. I like the drums at :28. Well timed entrance. You are correct in that the slow attach to the synth and it's bubbly characteristics yeild a happy, upbeat loop. Creative use of gross beat as well. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete