Thursday, March 15, 2012

Project 5 - PoiZone

For this project I had to make my own sound in Poizone. I started with a rather clean, warm, and rounded sound in my head and finally achieved this. I then played with some delay and found a nice balance in the panning which added a cool effect. The bass really comes in and grounds the synth to keep everything balanced. I then go into the main section and I wanted it to sound big and dreamy. With some more tweaks in another poizone track, I was able to achieve this sound as well. I will admit, I had trouble coming up with a good drum beat that really captured the essence. I worked at this for a while and finally got what I was looking for. I felt that the "crash" cymbal sounded nice in context and added to the size of sound. For the end I wanted to go back to the intro because it serves as a good rest area, or cool down.

1 comment:

  1. Great job with panning. Your synth sounds really dreamy- and I love mood change at :43. Fantastic writing!

    ReplyDelete