Thursday, February 16, 2012

Project 3 - Automation Clips

When I first started this track, I wanted to utilize the automation clip to build into the song. I did this not by volume, but by a frequency filter on the Harmless plug-in. I started so that the higher frequencies were no present and slowly swept them in by adding more highs to the synth which also caused a volume boost. One the intro was at it pinnacle, I added the drums and bass to ground the song and allow the rest of the piece to unfold. The background "rhythm" synth also uses automation clips to fade in but also on the cutoff frequency to add a cool sweeping effect and make it more interesting. The lead synth on top is just to add some flavor and melody to the piece. The bridge changes feel for a little while with more of a staggering feel which is greatly aided by my bass pattern that I wrote out. For the end, I drop the bass and and rhythem and fade out the lead synth and the drums using an automation clip of the master volume.


 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is really good, my only suggestion would be to have the drums a little stronger at the beginning because I could tell they were there but it was a little awkward. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the plug-in I used for the intro was a demo so I could only export the audio and I when I save the working file, it deletes whatever I made with that plug in so I couldn't adjust any levels. It was the end of class and I didn't want to delete what I had so I just exported it.

    ReplyDelete